Karen King-Harris Counselling and Therapeutic Coaching Privacy notice.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 any personal information sent via the email address or the online form on this website will only be used to contact you with details of services you have requested. Your personal details will not be retained for any other purpose, nor will they be shared with any other organisation.
If we contract that I become your counsellor, I collect and hold some sensitive data about you.
In order to ensure full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation I want to assure you of a few things:
- The information collected is necessary information for our working relationship, this will be your full name, address, date of birth, phone number, an e mail address, your G.P details, an emergency contact number, medical conditions and medication and any involvement with other services.
- I ask for this information in order to build an accurate representation of you, your life experiences, your counselling and psychological wellbeing history and what treatment you may have received or are still receiving. This is so I can tailor my services to meet your needs.
- The only person who sees this data is myself, unless I feel you or someone else is at risk of serious harm. This will be explained full at assessment and
- This data is kept confidential and stored safely and securely in a locked cabinet or password protected computer and is only seen by myself. In accordance with GDPR it will be kept for 7 years following the ending of therapy for legal reasons. If you are under 18 years of age the data will be kept for 7 years following your 18th birthday.
- I will never share your data with any external agencies for any commercial purposes or pass on your personal details unless I have your permission to do so or am required by law or a safeguarding concern to do so. Once our therapeutic work is finished I will not use your data for marketing purposes and I will not make contact with you unless you contact me.
If you choose to log in and leave a comment on any of my blogs on this site, please be aware you are agreeing to sharing your e mail address with me.
Under General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information.
- The right to access data by contacting me at email@example.com through a data subject access request where your request will receive a response within one month.
- The right to rectification. If you believe any information I hold about you is not accurate, please contact me and I will promptly amend if found to be incorrect.
- The right to erasure - you can request at any time that I erase or destroy any personal information or data that I hold on you if you believe it to be incorrect. This request must be in writing or by e mail. Some data cannot be erased and must be retained for lawful purposes and in line with my insurance policy.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your personal data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to object to any personal data being collected, however if this is the case, therapeutic work cannot commence. This is because I am required to keep appropriate records in line with my insurance provider, professional ethical body and for legal and safeguarding purposes.
- I have a trusted colleague that will notify and support you in accessing onward support in the event that I am incapable of working at short notice due to serious life threatening illness or death. The therapist also conducts herself according to the BACP’s ethical framework and is bound by the same strict confidentiality codes as myself. If you do not wish your details to be included in this therapeutic clinic will you let me know and I will ensure that no details are passed on in this way.